Florida is one of the most heavily populated and most heavily visited states in the entire country. Millions of people are on its roads at any given time, and as a result it's important that you drive as safely as you can. But sometimes, accidents happen. And knowing what to do following an accident is vital if you want to ensure that you're able to move on afterwards.
The reason for making sure you take the right steps is important – there is a chance that you aren't responsible for the accident, and if you're not you will want all the information available in order to pursue financial compensation from the party that actually is liable.
With that in mind, here are some things to do after an accident occurs.
• For starters, write down as much information as you can. Important things to jot down include: Date and time of accident, location, weather conditions, any road or traffic conditions, your versions of what happened, the names and contact info of witnesses, and the information related to the other parties involved... read article
Florida is home to nearly twenty million residents, and many of them are proud of their ability to handle things on their own. Of course, some challenges shouldn't be a DIY endeavor and if you're injured in an accident of any kind you need to find a good personal injury lawyer to help you. The main reason that many people assume they don't need help is simple – following an accident it's common for an insurance company to offer you a settlement amount. But if you'll look at a few key points you should be able to see why getting an attorney makes more sense.
With that in mind, here are some of the main reasons you need a personal injury attorney.
• First, let's talk about that settlement. Most insurance companies offer settlements to avoid paying out more than they have to. Sure, you might be offered a settlement, but it's usually for a lower amount than you really deserve. With an attorney, you'll be told exactly what a... read article
Florida roads can be dangerous, due in part of the simple fact that the high number of tourists and residents means that they're also among the busiest roads in the nation. And few types of accidents are as potentially deadly as trucking accidents. When you factor in the sheer size, speed, and power of a basic commercial truck, it becomes clear just why these are among the most dangerous types of accidents that can occur. Just consider the following numbers:
• 98% of trucking accidents in the state of Florida lead to a fatality
• 22% of trucking accidents in the nation lead to major injuries
• 75% of commercial trucking accidents are actually caused by the driver of a passenger vehicle
That last one is of particular importance. If you or someone you love has been injured in a trucking accident, it's important to keep in mind that there's a good chance the driver of the truck – and even the trucking company – could be held financial responsible for your financial damages. But it's not always the case. There... read article
For the first time, facing a personal injury trial can be a harrowing experience. There are steps upon steps in the process, and personal injury cases are often pretty complicated in the state of Florida. At GetMeJustice.com, our professionals in law want to make this process a bit less intimidating, and we understand that the best way to do this is through understanding just what your experience may entail. A personal injury trial, with the assistance of a professional personal injury lawyer, doesn’t have to be stressful or scary, and the first step in gaining comfort with the idea of a personal injury trial is learning a little more about it first.
Stage 1 – Choosing A Jury
If your trial is going to be held before a jury, the choosing of the jury will be handled first. During this selection process, the judge, your attorney, and the defendant’s attorney will all question and choose jurors that they feel will be a right and unbiased fit for the case. After the jury has been chosen, the... read article
After you've experienced an accident, and you've completed the first half of the process to receive a settlement, you'll want to know just what is in store for the final portions of the case. The first 4 stages of a personal injury case involve hiring an attorney, filing the initial court papers, going through the discovery process, and filing motions to reach resolution before a trial, and the last 4 stages are just as important. While the process of going through a personal injury lawsuit to reach a settlement may seem complicated or difficult, the assistance of a personal injury lawyer in the state of Florida is incredibly important, and this will allow your entire case to go smoothly.
Now that the first 4 stages of your case are over, the next 4 that you have to look forward to in your case are:
• Settlement Process – Not all personal injury cases have to go to court, and with the help of your personal injury lawyer, you could receive compensation through an out-of-court settlement. During the... read article
Slip and fall accidents happen more often in businesses and on properties in the state of Florida than you may think. Once a slip and fall accident occurs that results in an injury, it can be tough to figure out just what to do next, but there are steps you can take to ensure you have your best chance at receiving compensation through a personal injury trial. At GetMeJustice.com, we want to help to let you know just what can be done after a slip and fall in order to look after yourself, and these steps are probably much simpler than you think.
Take Care Of You
The very first think you do after injuring yourself in a slip and fall accident is to take care of you, and this will mean seeking immediate medical attention. After an accident occurs, making sure your health is taken care of should be your number one priority, and the paramedics on the scene can assess your situation while making very important and necessary records.
Immediate medical attention can also help you in your future case, as many insurance companies and claims adjusters will consider the refusal to seek medical attention immediately as a sign that your... read article
In the state of Florida, traumatic brain injuries can yield some of the largest settlements of any type of personal injury, and for good reason. Traumatic brain injuries are often serious, and they will require months, to years, to a lifetime of continued medical care, and these are expenses that may be covered as damages should the injury be caused by a negligent party. At GetMeJustice.com, we know how difficult it can be to pursue a traumatic brain injury lawsuit for yourself or a loved one, but the severity of traumatic brain injuries makes doing so even more important. After a traumatic brain injury, a person may experience a lifetime of symptoms, and these can affect their life in a variety of negative ways. Different Types Of Traumatic Brain Injuries
No two traumatic brain injuries are likely to be exactly the same, and there are many different kinds that could be experienced. Some types of traumatic brain injuries commonly experienced in Florida personal injury cases are:
• Closed head injuries – Closed head injuries are common in car, motorcycle,... read article
When bringing about a personal injury case after an accident, there are steps that need to be taken in a certain order to ensure the entire court process will go smoothly.
At Shapiro Goldman Babboni & Walsh, we want to ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible, and we want you to know what these initial steps to pursuing a personal injury lawsuit are.
The first 4 steps of a personal injury case are:
• Hiring a Florida personal injury lawyer – In the state of Florida, hiring a personal injury lawyer to handle a personal injury case is of the utmost importance. Personal injury cases within the state are often complex and difficult, so the assistance of a professional in law is something that will become an invaluable asset. During your first meeting with your lawyer, you may be asked to sign a document authorizing the release of your medical records having to do with the accident, you may be interviewed about your insurance coverage, and you may be asked questions about just whom you've spoken to regarding your injury and what you had to say.
• Filing your court papers – Once you've spoken at length to your lawyer... read article
The at-fault party in a personal injury lawsuit is the party that will be responsible for paying damages, so one of the most important parts of a personal injury case is determining just who is at fault and proving this in a court of law. Using negligence to prove fault in these cases is one of the most popular methods of determining fault, but it isn't the only one, and your attorney will be able to assist you through this process of determining fault in your particular case. At GetMeJustice.com, we know all of the ins and outs of determining all of the percentages of fault in Florida personal injury cases, and we can aid you each step of the way when it comes to accurately representing just who may be at fault in any particular situation. Using Negligence To Prove Fault
In many personal injury cases, there is a negligent party who had a hand in causing the accident, thereby giving them fault for the accident occurring. Claiming negligence is an oft used method of determining fault,... read article
If you’ve experienced a slip and fall accident, you know just how stressful the entire process can be. In Florida, slip and fall accidents caused by another party’s negligence aren’t necessarily rare, and they can result in some pretty harrowing injuries for those who go through them. If you’re ever in a position where you experience a slip and fall accident, there are some steps you should take to ensure you’ll be able to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. The steps to take after experiencing a slip and fall accident are:
• Call for help – Immediately after experiencing a slip and fall accident, it is best to call professionals for help. Even if you feel that your injury isn’t severe enough to warrant the need for immediate medical attention, a third party coming in to address your accident can help immensely in the court process. Police will be able to take a report, paramedics can assess your medical condition, and paperwork can be created to report and record... read article
Attorney David L Goldman
Get Help For Accident Injuries
Hire ExperienceMore Than 10,000 Accident Cases Settled For Our Clients
Why Choose Our Firm?
Millions Of Dollars Recovered
For Our Clients Every Year
Over 100 Years Injury Law Experience
The Resources and Experience To Take A Case To Trial
Over 10,000 Accident Cases Settled
A Highly Trained Team Of Legal And Technical Professionals
Tell Us About Your CaseNo Fees Unless We Recover Money On Your Behalf